Report on Dorset CC.
the time the CGI rep. arrived at the scene there were already people
dancing around in the CC. We did not enter at this time but located
the farmer who later gave permission for us to enter and take photos
(mid-evening). We understood tram line entry would be allowed if the
crops were respected and not damaged. We returned to the CC to find
the centre of the CC looking a ‘bit sad’ let’s say, due to the
aforementioned dancing and revelry. We fear that the farmer may have
a change of heart should he see this damage for himself. Any
attempts to do a ground assessment at this point would have been
pointless as the crop was so badly damaged by foot tread. To be
cautious, as a result of this earlier foot tread any future claims
as to the CCs mysterious/non mysterious origin would probably be
1. Weather conditions when I got to cc was cloudy, drizzling with
rain and quite a grey day. Temperature approx 11 degrees c
2. The tramlines were very muddy (have had lots of rain)
approaching the cc with the canola overhanging the tramline.
2a. Energy leak, none.
3. Evidence of human activity in the centre of the circle, which
was flattened and muddy where the people were singing and dancing.
Some mud on the flower heads in parts of the circle. Footprints
leading up to the cc.
4. Impression upon entering, very thankful to circle makers for
putting this cc in this friendly farmers field and to be allowed
into field to take ground shots for CGI. Large wide outer circle
with ground lay going in a clockwise rotation, the same in the
central circle and the three smaller circles all in clockwise
rotation. The flowers on the spokes of the wheel radiated outwards
from the hub towards the outer rim.
6. No machine like quality.
7. No foreign substances
8. Status of plants; mainly all laid, flower heads all open, some
random stalks still standing.
9. Crop was ripe.
10. No comparison between standing and laid seed heads.
11. Some bend stalks at the base of the cc some broken, not sure on
percentage of one to the other.
12. lay quality equals that of numerous other ccs
13. No witnessing of any miscellaneous activity.
14. The cc had a feeling of fun, cycling and Disney, Mickey mouse.
15. Farm manager agreed to field visit but stipulated please stay
on tramlines and do as least damage as possible.